At Hunter Douglas form and function are inseparable. Great design makes living more pleasurable: It provides variable light control, insulate rooms against heat and cold while saving energy, protects your furnishings from damaging UV rays, and even absorbs sound, improving the acoustics in a room. Hunter Douglas’s sleek advanced operating systems make using its products easy and exciting every day. Now that’s form and function.
Intelligent Shades that Simplify Your Life
Hunter Douglas’s PowerView™ Motorization is a remarkable system that automatically moves your shades throughout the day according to your own schedule and activities. Just program your personalized settings with your smart phone or tablet and leave the rest to PowerView™. You can even activate pre-programmed settings with the touch of Hunter Douglas’s elegantly designed PowerView Pebble™ Scene Controller.
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Don’t just live with your window treatments, love them. In support of this policy of consumer satisfaction, Hunter Douglas offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty, applicable for U.S. customers only:
- Defects in materials, workmanship, or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below).
- All internal mechanisms.
- Components and brackets.
- Fabric delamination.
- Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
- Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
- Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
- Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- Shipping charges cost of removal and reinstallation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your exchange policy?
How do you clean Hunter Douglas Window Treatments?
Hunter Douglas window treatments are designed to require minimal care and cleaning. Hunter Douglas’ Soil- And Dust-Resistant window coverings have been treated with proprietary processes to ensure they optimally repel dust, soil, and stains. Regular dusting and periodic vacuuming is all that's required to keep them looking like new.
- Dusting: Regular, light dusting maintains a like-new appearance of most blinds, shades, sheers, shutters, and window panels. Do not use magnetic cleaners such as a dusting mitt on light-dimming fabrics. This will damage the light-dimming backing.
- Vacuuming: Vacuum gently using the brush attachment on any vacuum cleaner. Most products may be vacuumed using a vertical stroke. There are a few exceptions: Do not use a brush attachment or long vertical strokes to vacuum Alustra® Luminette® and Luminette Privacy Sheers as these actions will crease the fabric. Do not vacuum Architella® Elan® and Architella Elan Eclipse® fabrics.
- Blowing: Use a can of compressed air or a hair dryer (non-heat setting) to dust off selected window coverings.
Are Hunter Douglas window treatments safe for children?
Do Hunter Douglas products offer energy savings?
- Insulation: In winter months, your home heating escapes to the outdoors through your windows while in the summertime, the outside heat flows into your home through these same windows. With window treatments that provide insulation, you can reduce energy consumption, save on heating and cooling costs, and create a more comfortable atmosphere.
- Solar Heat Control: The warmth provided by the sun, its solar energy, may be desirable during the winter to help heat your home, but in the summer, it can make a room overly hot and uncomfortable—driving up air conditioning costs. Many Hunter Douglas window fashions help to control solar heat by allowing it into your home in the winter and minimizing the amount that comes in during the summer.
- Daylighting: Daylighting is the practice of lighting rooms with natural light rather than artificial light. By drawing natural light into a room many of our window treatments reduce the need for other types of lighting, thereby reducing your energy use.