Can custom-made products be exchanged or refunded?
What is your payment process?
Is Window Trends responsible for delivery delays?
Is exact-dye match coloring guaranteed?
What is the best way to get started?
How large is your selection?
How are your prices compared to other companies?
Is professional measuring necessary?
How long does the process take?
Can you help me choose products for my home?
What’s the difference between blinds, shutters, and drapes?
For non-experts, it’s easy to get your window treatments confused. Let us break it down for you:
1. Blinds: These treatments have horizontal slats, which are also known as louvers. These slats can rotate back and forth to control light and privacy. They can be completely lowered and still allow light to come through.
2. Shutters: Often built to be more durable than blinds, they also use slats to regulate light and privacy. They are more effective at blocking out light.
3. Drapes: This hanging fabric that can be used to handsomely frame windows. Drapes can block out light and add privacy to a room when they are closed. While they can be the most aesthetically appealing of the three window treatments because of the variety of colors and fabrics you can use to make the draperies.
What’s the most common mistake people make with their window treatments?
There are several common gaffes people can make with their treatments. Here are some of the ones we most often come across:
- Inaccurate measuring of the windows and the window frames when installing their own window treatments.
- Buying drapes that are too short or not equal in length.
- Buying retail curtains and not pressing them before they are hung.
- Curtain panels are hung high or wide enough.